CLASSIC CHESS PIECES
size 18" x 18" (44cm x 44cm x 1.8cm)
Official FIDE tournament-size squares 2¼" x 2¼" (5.5 x 5.5 cm)
King height 3¾" (95mm)
The DGT Electronic Chessboard looks like a normal chessboard but is filled with modern technology.
The only difference you see is the small computer connector on the side of the board.
The DGT Electronic Chessboard is made from the finest rosewood hardwood (white squares are maple) using laser-cut precision, and top quality craftsmanship.
The world ’s most advanced electronic chessboard, the DGT e-board brings you the best of both worlds: the classical game of chess, and 21st-century computer and Internet technologies!
The DGT Project Electronic Chessboard allows you to play against your PC, PDA, or real human opponents online via the internet.
The DGT e-board lets you connect a beautiful wood chessboard to your PC as an input device for all major chess programs.
You can also use it to play live online chess at PLAYCHESS.COM, The Internet Chess Club (ICC), and other sites.
The ultimate PC chess interface, the DGT e-board adds a new dimension to your game.
Studies have shown that people play a stronger game of chess using actual three dimensional pieces, then they do on a flat computer screen.
Play using your favorite chess software, giving your eyes a rest.
If you don't already have chess software, every DGT Projects Electronic Chessboard from Classic Chess And Games .com includes a free Fritz Software CD.
Stop staring at your computer display, and play chess with real wood!
All major chess tournaments including all World Championships for the last 10 years have used DGT technology to reach the world chess community,with audiences of up to one million per game enjoying the excitement of live chess broadcast over the Internet.
You can use that same technology to broadcast your own games at home.
DGT Projects has developed special software to support live tournament broadcasting.
Adobe Flash applet to show live and animated games on the Internet.
ChessShow is used for big-screen presentation tournament venues. Commentators can highlight squares, and add comments and arrows to help audiences follow the action.
ChessTheatre with Adobe Flash applet for offline presentation of chess games.
As PC and Internet chess evolves, DGT continues to develop software to keep pace with it.
DGT technology has been used in seven Chess Olympiads, where up to 450 boards were broadcast live on the Net, and has been approved by World Chess Federation.
• The DGT Electronic Chessboard - Accurate and fast chess move input device for your computer.
• Play with genuine wood against your favorite chess program or an Internet opponent
• Broadcast chess games, and play against other people, over the Internet.
• Ideal for tournament presentation
• Let the computer analyze games while playing a human opponent
• Automatically store games in the memory of the board while you play, and retrieve the games as PGN later
• Beautifully-inlaid wood board with official FIDE tournament-size squares (5.5 x 5.5 cm, or 2 ¼ "x 2 ¼")
• Board only 1.8 cm thick. The same as a normal tournament chessboard
• Classic Staunton Wooden Chess Pieces with a king height of 95mm (3 ¾") with an extra black and white queen (34 pieces total)
• Possibility to connect a optional DGT Clock
• Modern, reliable, sensor technology recognizes each piece accurately and fast
• Each piece is identified by color and type with built in hardware located inside every piece that identifies each piece to the computer. This gives you extra reliability in fast blitz games and makes setting up chess positions very easy
• Internal memory (for 500 moves)
• Effortlessly connect to a PC via wireless Bluetooth (the computer / PC must have Bluetooth to connect)
• Simply connects to USB of your PC with USB cable, 3.5 m (11 ft) length
• Driver CD included for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/7
• Free Fritz Software CD - to compete against your computer
• 100 days free gaming at PlayChess.com - to play against other human opponents
• Installation software on CD-ROM
• Instructions for the following languages; English
• Includes Free 1 Year Classic Chess And Games .com Warranty
Contains the following items:
· 1 DGT Chessboard
· 1 set of DGT Chess pieces with 17 pieces of each color (2 queens per color)
· 1 Drawstring bag
· 1 USB cable of 3 meters length
· 1 retractable USB cable, 0.9 meters
· 1 universal USB power adapter
· 1 polymer Li-ion battery
· 1 cable to connect the board to a DGT XL clock
· 1 CD with the drivers for the board and extended manual in PDF format
· 1 extra CD with a special version of the Fritz 9 chess program
· 1 Quick start guide on paper
• The DGT Electronic Board is supported by many programs,
and new programs are added to this list frequently.
The current list of supported programs includes:
DGT Projects' professional chess tournament broadcasting software. Great for live tournament broadcasting, but also for publishing existing games.
Chess Position Trainer
Free and priceless program for training your chess opening repertoire.
CEBoard - Chess tool for Pocket PC
With features to use the DGT e-Board (serial interface) to play against Crafty, Crafty Classic 2004, Toga II 1.1 (or 1.0) or Fruit 2.1 running inside CEBoard (or simply to memorize games) on a Pocket PC with serial interface.
BabasChess - The Free Internet Chess Client
BabasChess is a new revolutionary Internet Chess Client for Windows. A beta version with DGT E-board support is available now.
Shredder Classic, Shredder 9 UCI, Deep Shredder 9 UCI
Shredder Classic is a professional computer chess program by Stefan Meyer-Kahlen, the eight times world computer chess champion. Direct board and clock support by use of DGT Projects' board driver DLL.
ChessMaster 10th Edition and ChessMaster 9000
Play against ChessMaster with the DGT e-board. By using the proxy-engine named GameKeeper, developed by Gang Chang, moves made by Chessmaster are intercepted and taken into account. The level of integration is pretty good, almost as if Chessmaster supports the DGT board natively.
World Chess Network
Play against Internet opponents with the electronic board!
ChessBase 9 Fritz 8, Fritz 7, Fritz 6, Fritz 5.32, Fritz 5 Hiarcs 7.32, Hiarcs 9 Junior 5 Nimzo 99 Direct board support by use of DGT Projects' board driver DLL.
Pocket Grandmaster 2.0 and 2.1
A fully featured and extremely strong award winning chess playing program for Pocket PCs running Pocket PC 2002 or Windows CE 3.0. This new version also supports the DGT Electronic Chess Board. Please note that not all Pocket PC's are supported. It does not seem to work with the DELL Axim. Further instructions here.
Arena (All versions)
A graphical user interface to play with many chess engines like Crafty, GNUChess, LambChop and many, many more!
Internet Chess Club - ICC
Play live online chess with BlitzIn + the WoodIn plugin.
US Chess Live
Use US Chess Live Windows Version 4.0 to play on the game site, using the DGT Electronic Chess Board.
World Chess21 Network
Online chessclub. Play online for free. Sherlock 21(analyzing and playing with Crafty) supports input from the DGT board.
Also with Internet Chess Club support.
For Palm handheld: ChessPad 3.03 Beta.
Rebel 11 (free update required; see the Rebel homepage). Rebel 12 supports the USB version of the board too.
Lost Boys CPS Light
Tournament broadcasting software, for one board only.
We advise against the use of the ChessSrv program, while the used technology does not guarantee a reliable link between board and the applications.
Click here for the latest updates to your DGT Electronic Chessboard.
Click here to view the manual for the DGT Projects - DGT Electronic Chessboard .
Click here to jump up to the top of this page.
here to return to electronic chess games selection page.
(which is where you just came from, most likely.)
here if you need help deciding
which chess computer is right for you.
Click here to view Shipping Delivery Times.
Computers | Electronic
Electronic Bridge Games | Electronic Backgammon | Talking Bingo
Electronic Casino & Card Games | Electronic Crossword Puzzles | Electronic Dominoes
Talking Gin Rummy | Electronic Solitaire | Talking Caller ID's
Hacer clic aquí para Español.
If you have any questions,
or prefer to place your order over the phone, please
You can also email any questions about our products to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want your business!
Chess Makes You Smart.
Be Smart and Order from Classic Chess And Games .com.